BBC (Brian's Boot Camp)

Not to be confused with the British Broadcasting Corporation, the BBC will focus on Brian's fast paced journey of the mastery of the Java programming language.

Friday, February 11, 2005

Certifiably Unsane!

So it looks like the Java 1.4 certification exam is the latest programmer exam (meaning there's no 1.5 exam yet). Not a whole lot of significant changes between 1.2 and 1.4, but it probably still merits getting a recent study guide.

When I was at Borders last night, I perused this little number, which seemed heavy on the practice questions. Relatively cheap too, probably a good companion book, specifically for the last couple weeks before actually taking the exam.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian T. Grant said...

I have to say that, since Ben and Sten and I met on Thursday, I have swung back and forth between thinking, "This is the best opportunity I've ever had," to "It doesn't matter how good the opportunity is because I'll never be able to get what I need done in time."

So, what I really need now is encouragement that this is something that really can be done. I'm willing to make it happen if it is. And, Dave, if you could put Ben and Sten's boss, Lewis, in the hospital for a while to buy me some additional time, that wouldn't hurt, either. Its not a deadline that scares me, but a month deadline is really, really tight in my estimation.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Brian T. Grant said...

OK, so I picked up the certification book tonight; just got it home, in fact.

Reading the book's description on Amazon, it would seem to indicate that the book covers two exams: the Programmer & Developer exams. Is that correct? Am I shooting to pass both or just the Programmer exam?

10:11 PM  
Blogger Sten said...

Yeah the programmer exam is what you're after, which tests on language syntax and understanding.

The developer exam tests more on "best practices" and design.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home